With the increasing demands on our IT infrastructure, often within an aggressive environment of cost cutting, it is now more important than ever for IT professionals to proactively look for cost saving opportunities and efficiency gains across their institution. More specifically, these savings and improvements need to support an improved level of service, both to students and faculty. Challenging times, indeed!
Within this context and following regular feedback from customers across the sector, the following topical requirements and questions commonly unfold:
- How can my Institution urgently reduce IT costs and overheads?
- I need to address the fact that my Data Centre is running out of capacity or due another refresh
- How do I meet the increasing demand for reliable storage?
- How can I address the requirements for storing research data over long timeframes, whilst making it accessible?
- How can I better provide anytime anywhere access, to business applications for faculty and students?
- I feel cloud services would answer many of our requirements, but I am concerned about supporting a mixed environment
Microsoft and the Cloud
To help address the challenges highlighted above, Microsoft offers Academia a unique Cloud service and strategy that will address all the questions and challenges currently impacting HE institutions. With a Hybrid service that transparently integrates your existing environment with Cloud services, you could enhance your IT services and provide stretch capability far beyond your current capability. More importantly, this can be consumed as and when needed.
Please accept this invitation to join us at King’s College London for a CIO event on Hybrid Cloud Strategy, on November 27th, in conjunction with JANET and King’s College London. There are only 40 seats, so please sign up today as we are expecting demand to outstrip the number of seats.
- Chair – Richard Wilderspin, UK HE Business Manager, Microsoft Ltd
- Welcome – Nick Leake, CIO, Kings College London
- Microsoft’s Cloud Strategy – Mark McManus, Microsoft Ltd
- Azure IT Professional (IaaS) – Microsoft Azure Expert
- Customer Case Study
- ‘Bringing it all together’ – Dan Perry, JANET(UK)
The event will run from 10am-1:30pm, with complimentary lunch and time to network with colleagues and speakers
Please register below:
We look forward to seeing you on the 27th!